Tuesday, May 25, 2010

" We can't be direct, so we end up saying the weirdest things. " Andre



oh sacrificial lamb
i eat you on special days

i sink my teeth inside your flesh and taste it in my pulse

i gift you
i give you
i chose you
i eat you
i consume you

yes little kitty, you.

now thank me and be gracious

I might be channeling a 15 yr old angst ridden wannabe poet that looses her mind in the Nordic lands of blue ensemble.

free associative thoughts floating in cyber ether for you, my adoring public. I would do anything for you: eat lamb sausage, cry on cue, hold you in my papoose while we hiked across Siberia. I love and appreciate each one of your for all of your specialness.


I'll leave you with a few quotes from the only movie I brought with me on this journey: My Dinner With Andre


I've lived in this city all my life. I grew up on the Upper East Side. And when I was ten years old, I was rich, I was an aristocrat. Riding around in taxis, surrounded by comfort, and all I thought about was art and music. Now, I'm 36, and all I think about is money.

I was beginning to realize that the only way to make this evening bearable, would be to ask Andre a few questions. Asking questions always relaxes me. In fact, I sometimes think that my secret profession is that I'm a private investigator, a detective. I always enjoy finding out about people. Even if they are in absolute agony, I always find it very interesting.

"The life of a playwright is tough. It's not easy as some people seem to think. You work hard writing plays and nobody puts them on. You take up other lines of work to make a living - I became an actor - and people don't hire you. So you just spend your days doing the errands of your trade."

So he said, why don't your tell me anything you'd like to have if you did a workshop for me, no matter how outrageous, maybe I can give it to you. So I said, well if you could give me 40 Jewish women who speak neither English nor French, either women who'd been in the theater for a long time and want to leave it but don't know why, or young women who love theater but had never seen a theater they could love. And if these women could play the trumpet or the harp, and if I could work in a forest, I'd come...

Wally: Suppose you're going through some kind of hell in your own life, well you would love to know if friends have experience similar things. But we just don't dare to ask each other.
Andre: No, It would be like asking your friend to drop his role.

Tell me, why do we require a trip to Mount Everest in order to be able to perceive one moment of reality? I mean...I mean, is Mount Everest more "real" than New York? I mean, isn't New York "real"? I mean, you see, I think if you could become fully aware of what existed in the cigar store next door to this restaurant, I think it would just blow your brains out! I mean...I mean, isn't there just as much "reality" to be perceived in the cigar store as there is on Mount Everest?~

1 comment:

  1. I love and appreciate you too! Really enjoying your posts..very thought provoking and intriguing

    ReplyDelete