Thursday, July 15, 2010

I follow you because I like you.



Dear babushka lady,

I like the sound of your walk. I think you're beginning to notice me. I walk softly so my footsteps do not interrupt the beautiful sound of yours. I want to talk to you, but the language barrier is deep. I do not think you would entertain this notion for long. Tell me, it seems the people of Kronstadt do not want to play around in symbolic, foreign, non-verbal, flailing, gesture dances like I do, why is this elder babushka lady?

You leave me little choice but to stalk you and the others until I can communicate in another way. Don't worry I have a plan in the works. Don't be frightened. I am harmless. I am simply a curious traveler who wants to share in a dialogue or exchange of some sort. I suppose I am an artist too and with that comes wanting something from you - your image, your contribution, your essence. I don't want to take it away from you, just capture a layer, a response, a mentality and amplify this signal of yours. You are in control, I promise. It won't really be you, just a representation of you. It will have your energy but not your soul. I think you will like it and even enjoy our time spent together. It is something you can tell your friends and laugh about this strange interaction you had with this foreign girl down the road.

I will get back to you when I have a better way, don't you worry.

All the best,

your new friend Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment